Feedback

Gameplay related discussions, questing, pve/pvp, crafting, skills
ShiSenpai

Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:38 am

Here's my feedback on the game, which can also be found in the Steam Community Forums.
Here:https://steamcommunity.com/app/844870/d ... 831235692/

With that being said, here we go!

So far I've played the game since Day 1 of Closed Beta. I have achieved S rank thus far within the game so I hope my feedback will be heard from everything I have expierenced. Here are some of the issues I noticed...

COMBOS:

Is anyone else having issues with the weapon combos in general? I noticed for example the Slayer combo: Lift & Shoot has a combo of: Left Click+Left Click+Right Click+Space+Hold Left Click. When you slow down the combo it works better but honestly being slow in pvp isn't going to help much. I also have no idea why spacebar has to be registered to use stamina?

When I try this combo sometimes it works, other times my character just does a basic shot even though the button history in the training grounds register that I did the combo. In pvp it also is an issue with sometimes not working.

I also find similar issues with Aimed (Recharged) Shot however the combo I used a double tap of a key. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't. Can't seem to get Cover Fire working at all.

SWORD TAILAH: (My main focus class!)

Issues with jumping up to continue a combo in the air. After knock up pressing space bar sometimes works, sometimes it makes the character do a regular jump with no air chase?

The ultimate for this weapon has too little on range and is easily avoidable. I find it to be the easiest to avoid out of all other ultimates in the game. I've also had issues where the first hit before the ultimate is started I will see a mage player get hit in the little cutscene, be stunned backwards, then all of a sudden teleport out of the ultimate. Therefore, the character never got hit with the ultimate and simply avoided the whole thing. In this ultimate status as opposed to other classes we can also still be hit, and are not invulnerable. Mage is untouchable in ultimate, archer is untouchable in ultimate, as well as the fighter from what I have seen and had expierence with. Therefore I wonder why sword users are.

Even though the passives are supposed to give high defense it's still lacking on the defense side compared to gauntlet users. Especially when it comes to magic defense. At that point it doesn't feel like a tank, it feels more like a half tank for physical damage and a squishy dps to magic damage (without sword users actually having decent dps of course.)

The Jump skill called "Leap" also has issues with the animation and being open to attack. While jumping with this skill though the air, a long range class can simply pop one shot at the player and knock them all the way back across the map. By the time the player's skill is off cooldown and ready again most of the hp has been drained from constantly being knocked back and stunned while trying to close that distance to get to a mage or archer class.

PVP:

I know people come up with decent stun lock combos but I had a match with a nasty Breaker+Blazing Fist user. At the beginning of the match they could combo basically non stop. All I could do was watch my character die over and over. There should be a dodge or break skill to get out a combo lock for a chance to fight back. It's sad being CC'd to death.

For the players in pvp that use the grab attack, the animation lasts too long and there is really no cooldown for it so I have gotten stuck in quite a few capture the flag matches where there were duo Blazing Fist teams just getting the flag and holding players hostage forever with that skill spam.

Most importantly the mage skill called black hole is WAY too overpowered and needs to be removed or nerfed hard. This makes the matches impossible with two players who spam the same skill. The cooldown is too short, and even a tank build still takes half damage.

Yes, with the right timing you can roll out of the skill, HOWEVER the dodge window is just too short. When a player stun locks or knocks you back into the skill and you have no dodge, it is unavoidable.

Mage Fireball ultimate: This skill in my opinion is way too overpowered. Not only does it deal massive 1 shot damage, it also allows their teammate to walk into the skill and deal their own damage to make sure the enemy dies. IF you manage to not be in the skill AOE when it is casted, you can be pull into the skill. I have had a capture the flag (Abandoned Ruins) where a mage player used the fireball ultimate to block off the bridge.

When attempting to use the Sword Tailah "Leap" skill to jump over the ultimate I barely touched the top of the massive fireball area, and got sucked into the ultimate itself. This took all of my hp and killed my character, even though I was not originally stuck within the skill. It cannot be avoided by rolling away if the skill has your character directly in the middle when cast. It cannot be avoided by using your own character's ultimate because of stun lock during the skill animation. When running around outside of the skill, the enemy teammate can also knock your character back into the fireball and BAM! You are dead.

Also as opposed to other classes dodge skill the mage can continue to teleport dash away over and over. I have personally been in a flag match where no one could catch the mage even when we began a stun lock combo or ultimate combo. They simply teleport away and throw a black hole when you chase them. No wonder why the only high ranks in the game so far have been black hole users.

RANKING SYSTEM:

There also seems to be no real way of ranking up at a decent pace when it comes to the pve side of the game (That I know of).

As for ranking up in pvp it is hours of progress loss if you DC from the game due to internet connection or server issues from the game itself. I personally lost an entire bar (that was full and ready for rank up to stage 4) and went all the way back to Stage 3 (with basicallly no bar exp!) when I logged back into the game.

SERVERS:

Server channel swapping has pages missing channels or pages empty/out of order. When connecting it puts players in a server that is highly crowded which causes crashes. Random crashing and a "failed to connect to server" message from time to time.

There have also been issues when logging in that the character hair and eyes have changed to a weird ponytail style which was not my character customization. The fix for it was going into a match or channel swapping. Sometimes the look still returned randomly after coming back from matchmaking.

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION:

When customizing your character it is possible to increase your base Stats depending on which customization you choose. I believe this should be removed. I do not want to play a muscular bulky female character just to have more HP. I also believe that this doesn't work for some player accounts. I spent a few hours multiple times in the rebirthing system trying every customization option there was to see the difference in stat increases. However, nothing changed for my character.

PERSONAL FEEDBACK:

My personal game features that I'm not happy with is the fact that the party system only has two players max. I also don't like fact that in the pvp mode capture the flag (Cave) map, players can jump up onto the spawn rocks and just keep knocking other players down. All classes have to jump up there in order to attack first. Slayer classes have a double jump which helps, but other classes do not, therefore it's difficult to get on top of the rock for starters. It's too easy of a win for the enemy team, and the opposing team just doesn't stand a chance at that point. I also don't like the region lock, I can't play with friends.

Thank you, and I hope some of these things will be fixed in the future to make the game more enjoyable.
Milky

Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:10 am

"After knock up pressing space bar sometimes works, sometimes it makes the character do a regular jump with no air chase"
Trying to get air chase right away gets buggy, waiting a bit then press space works better but that bugs out too, think its due to netcode or sever lag

"The ultimate for this weapon has too little on range and is easily avoidable."
Yes Sword's ultimate range is small, but its the most powerful I think thats fair.
You can dodge out combos on the ground, I suggest turning off ulti's cutscene you or teammate probably did a attack right before the ulti and they dodged out.

"In this ultimate status as opposed to other classes we can also still be hit, and are not invulnerable."
I feel like this isn't true since I used my ulti inside of mages ulti to avoid getting hit, I took no dmg?

"it doesn't feel like a tank"
Use Fortitude/Identity after getting close to them.
Don't bother trying to be a tank vs mages.

"The Jump skill called "Leap" also has issues "
I honestly stop using leap its easy to dodge and you can die during it, just double tap dash and use Fortitude.
save leap for combos.

"There should be a dodge or break skill to get out a combo lock for a chance to fight back. It's sad being CC'd to death."
press shift after getting it, you can get out of combos but it also uses mana.

"For the players in pvp that use the grab attack, the animation lasts too long and there is really no cooldown for it"
All of Gauntlet skills have CDs if you talking about RMB you can just dodge out its not a infinite.

"Most importantly the mage skill called black hole is WAY too overpowered and needs to be removed or nerfed hard."
Yes its annoying but overpowered? No, just wait and dodge/dash out, don't hold W cause that can make you airborn and unable to do either on time.

"Mage Fireball ultimate: This skill in my opinion is way too overpowered. Not only does it deal massive 1 shot damage, it also allows their teammate to walk into the skill and deal their own damage to make sure the enemy dies. IF you manage to not be in the skill AOE when it is casted, you can be pull into the skill. I have had a capture the flag (Abandoned Ruins) where a mage player used the fireball ultimate to block off the bridge."

I have never been pulled in by it, the AoE is huge but never 1 shot me,
I've combed off every ulti in the game don't think thatss a issue the synergy is pretty cool tbh.
everyone but sword can self combo after their first ulti, sword ulti is better at ending combos or catching rolls.

"the enemy teammate can also knock your character back into the fireball and BAM! You are dead."
Again thats cool as hell.

"No wonder why the only high ranks in the game so far have been black hole users."
Black hole becomes more useless at higher ranks since players know how to dodge, most players are actually archers at high ranks.

"RANKING SYSTEM:
As for ranking up in pvp it is hours of progress loss if you DC from the game due to internet connection or server issues from the game itself. I personally lost an entire bar (that was full and ready for rank up to stage 4) and went all the way back to Stage 3 (with basicallly no bar exp!) when I logged back into the game."

I honestly think the ranking system is to kind way to many players at high rank who don't know how to play the game.
they either cheese their way up by using blackhole or bow.

"SERVERS:"
I agree with everything you said here, they need to get static channels like maplestory instead of making them dynamic and putting back into a filled channel after every mission.

"CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION:
When customizing your character it is possible to increase your base Stats depending on which customization you choose. I believe this should be removed. I do not want to play a muscular bulky female character just to have more HP. I also believe that this doesn't work for some player accounts. I spent a few hours multiple times in the rebirthing system trying every customization option there was to see the difference in stat increases. However, nothing changed for my character."

never heard about this, try moving your points around in stat allocation to be tank.